Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
So I don't usually show people my workspace without altering (read tidy) it before hand but here is my jewelry workspace where I was working last night without any alterations. Okay so it's not so bad but you can't see the large piles of things all around that I haven't figured out how to organize yet.
After discovering Magpie girls blog this morning the wheels and cogs in my brain started to creak. I was reading her 8 things list about Creative Rhythm and it made me realize that I really don't know what my creative rhythm is. Some days it seems to work but for the most part I don't feel that it does. I get distracted easily and don't have my priorities clearly set in my mind. So without putting a huge amount of thought into it here is my preliminary list of 8 things about my creative rhythm:
- I work best with soothing music in the background.
- Things need to be relatively organized so I can get at them as soon as the thought strikes me. Digging or searching for items can loose the creative flow.
- I don't tidy up after myself every time I have a creative session but I do do regular tidy ups so things don't get too out of hand.
- I seem to be doing a lot of creating in the evening which is strange for me because I've never been a night person. This is something to consider, why I'm doing it and how I can create more during the day.
- Outer creative stimulus is important both for the creative mind and socially support, so I get together regularly with a creative friends.
- When I'm creating my mind seems to be going a mile a minute, my pulse feels like its racing and I'm working on many creations at once. Although this works on some levels it's exhausting and probably not the most productive method. This is something I need to look closer at and see how I can improve it.
- Lists: I am a list person which I need to accept and use them for good not evil. See them as helpful support not nagging reminders.
- Although I don't schedule things in my life I think some loose schedule would be helpful for me right now.
Here's a pair of earring I did finish last night in the midst of my disorganized desk.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
This weeks Wishcasting question is "What step do you wish to take?"
I wish to take one step at a time on this journey of art that I'm on for this is all that I can do. I think I'll make it a slow step so that I can savour the creative process and remember to enjoy the view along the way.
I will also take this step with special friends by my side for the joy and support they give me and hopefully I can give them back. For without these friends I don't think this step would be possible and I know it would not be as much fun. It has been my friends that started me on this journey and friends that have encouraged me when I wasn't sure it this was the right step to be making.
So if you're taking a creative step remember to keep you friends by you side along the way.
Enjoy the journey.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Here's a canvas I finished up last week. Or at least it may be finished. I think I may still add a word or two. Any suggestions?
This is a short post since I'm getting ready for my Open House sale this Sunday. I started some new jewelry pieces last night so if all goes well I'll post them tomorrow or you'll have to come to the Open House to see for yourself.
Must go create!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Ah Monday! So quiet and peaceful after a busy family weekend.
Although I was being very domestic last week, I did have a friend come over one night and get me started on some tags. I was up long after she had left creating with my tags and thinking Christmas. I bought a box of a thousand large tags and shared them with a few friends a couple of weeks ago.
So why tags? Well if you know me you've probably heard me mention Tim Holtz and if you've ever checked out his blog you've seen him use tags for all his techniques. Well last December I got together with Cindy and Sharron over at Painted Pony and we did a few of Tim's Christmas tags . It was so much fun I had to get more tags.
Here are some that I got done. I'll post more soon. Look for Tim's 12 Days of Christmas tags starting again this year on December first.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Wow, a wish to make each week. Check it out over at Jamie Ridler's blog. I found this blog through Sheila's blog. She's been wishing for a few weeks and I thought I'd try it out too.
Since she told me about it I've found myself thinking about wishes. Do I believe in wishing? Do I dare not believing in them? Well I do believe in the power of spiritual energy in and around us and how this can grow exponentially when people join together in efforts to make something happen. So yes I guess I do believe in wishes, I just hadn't really thought of it as wishes and I certainly haven't tried to wish together with others. It's a very exciting thing to try.
This week's wish prompt is "What do you wish to embrace?"
I wish to embrace possibilities. To open my mind and heart to those possibilities. To be aware of them as they approach me and take them into my arms and gently hold on to them without crushing them before they can grow within me. To see them for what they are... part of me, that has always been there trying to peek out to see if the time is right to surface and be used to its full potential.
Have you made a wish today?
Monday, November 2, 2009
We just had a wonderful weekend with a few family members in Prince Edward County. Other than a bit of rain and wind on Saturday the weather was pretty good for Halloween weekend. We visited many local wineries to sample some great wines and brought home plenty to enjoy in the upcoming months. We were also able to check out a few Antiques stores although many were closed for the season. We must go back in the summer. Here are a few pictures of the many that I enjoyed taking. The scenery is beautiful their and I look forward to going again.