Thursday, April 15, 2010

Copper flower



I've been doing some more experimenting!
I saw this flower technique over at Ink on my fingers . This is a variation on Wendy Vecchi's famous rose. Wendy uses grunge board or paper with stamps and ink. This variation is done with metal with a cardstock base for support. It was quit easy to do with her step by step instructions. The most difficult thing was to make the flower template since I didn't have a flower stamp with 6 petals. Now that I've tried it I can think of a few variations of my own. First of course is to add some colour with alcohol inks. Now what to put it on...I think I'm seeing an interesting canvas developing!!?

Now I'm off to the Originals Spring Craft show with some friends. This should be very inspiring!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Very Lovely Wendy! Great experiments you've been doing, you go girl.

Lori said...

Yea, the metal looks awesome as a flower! Did you just scribble inside the petals? I've been running them thru the CB embossing folders (easy way out, lol) This looks awesome, can't wait to see what you do with it! Have a good day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...