Thursday, April 1, 2010

Riveting


Well I may not be riveting but I have learned how to rivet.

These necklaces both have rivets on them. After stamping an image on the flower on the right I riveted it onto the disc and then shaped the petals.

I've riveted different heishi beads onto the second disc to make small flowers.

I've also been playing with texturizing(is that even a word...well I think you know what I mean) the background discs. One of them I used the Big Shot and a Cuttlebug embossing folder...it doesn't get any easier than that. The other one I used the side of a large screw for some of the texture and a wire for the stems of the flower. Now my mind is spinning with other ways to get texture on these blank disc.

Oh how I love to learn and experiment with new things. I'm off to try something else new in my jewelry world.

2 comments:

Mother Moon said...

so original... I love it....

Lori said...

I'd say your venture into jewelry is a huge success! These are definitely one of a kind, creative pieces that anyone would be proud to wear! Love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...