Friday, October 8, 2010

Metal Exemplar

Well, I haven't taught too many workshops this year and I'm looking forward to this one in a few short weeks.

All the letters are embossed on Ten Second Studio metal and then attached to a 10 X 20" Gallery Canvas. I don't know if you can tell in the picture but the letters are different thicknesses which gives the piece a lot of depth and dimension. This is a great class if you haven't tried to use metal before as we're going to learn lots of techniques. But if you've taken some of my metal workshops before you'll like it too because I've added a few new tips and trick to this project.

The workshop will be held at The Painted Pony on Sunday, October 24 from 9:30am - 4:30pm. If you're interested their are still some spaces available in the class. Just contact Cindy at the store.

4 comments:

brandi said...

~these are gorgeous...i have not really worked with metal...except a few times when my husband taught me how to weld!! he is a wonderful craftsmen who i keep trying to inspipre to get back to craeting...oh how i wish i was close by to take your class...i wish you well and blessings always~

Sheila Cain-Sample said...

Hey Wendy. Your page says November 24th and I think cindy's says October 24th. Better check it out. It looks really nice I would like to do that one.

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

It's fabulous! I'd love to be closer to learn something like this!

Michelle Casey said...

Hi Wendy, just wanted to say I saw your metal exemplar in person at The Painted Pony and it looked amazing! You put so much thought and creavity into your pieces. I learned so much from your previous metal embossing workshop. And had a lot of fun too. You are such a great instructor. Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...