Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tag challenges.

It's been a busy week visiting so many wonderfully talented OWOH participants. I've received so many lovely comments that I've added 2 more tags to win. If you haven't entered yet there is still time to do so here until Feb.17.

I did find a little time to make some tags for a few challenges this week.
The first is a Valentine's tag for Red/Romance Theme Thursday over at Sheila's blog. I'm loving the red theme for this month. I already have next weeks idea ready! Go share your link for something red/romantic.




My next tag I'm going to enter into 3 challenges. First is Compendium of Curiosities (CCC) at Studio L3 blog. This week we were to use the technique on page 41 called Rusted Enamel. This was a new one for me and I think I would use more ink on the top layer next time to give it more of a rusted look but it came out okay anyway.
The second challenge was Simon Says Stamps and show some embossing. Well the stamping is always easy but I just had to go look at it again to see if I did stamp although it's odd when I don't have some kind of stamping on whatever I'm working on but it was there in the background, just a few swirls added. I love to emboss and there is just so many different ways to do it that it was just a matter of deciding which way to go. Well obviously I chose the metal embossing. I used a new mold I got recently for Ten Second Studio for the zipper and dress form. I just love this one and have been waiting for the right thing to put it on.

The last challenge was for Tag Tuesday over at Kard Krazy with the theme "tag on your tag". I had this tag almost finished when I found out about tag Tuesday's theme and I had planned on using a Graphics 45 element so it worked out well to use one of their tags.

So once again I've managed to combine a few challenges into one tag. So much fun.

17 comments:

Diann said...

Lovely tags, Wendy! I'm a Graphic 45 paper fan too! Diann

Netty said...

Beautiful tags Wendy and loving your rusted enamel. Annette x

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Two gorgeous tags....just lovely!!

Linda S. said...

Both of your tags are beautiful. The metal embossing to make the zipper is very interesting. Color combos are yummy.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Both are beautiful - so feminine and old-world romantic!

Janna said...

Really nice, very stylish!

Lori said...

Both are gorgeous, Wendy. Love that metal! And that mold is way cool! And thank you for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Wendy, both your tags are wonderful! I love your rusted enamel work-- you did a great job with this week's technique, and the colors are really lovely. This is a great tag to celebrate the beginning of fashion week!

Your valentine is SO sweet. You have a great eye for design!

Maggie said...

Lovely Tags I really like the embossed zipper

Crafting Queen said...

Great tag, love the zipper!

Hellemor said...

Love both your tags. Love the frame with the face on first tag and the zipper on the last tag.

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful tags!

Sheila Cain-Sample said...

Thanks for posting such a lovely tag for 'Theme Thursday' Wendy. Your tags are beautiful.

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, have a fab weekend. Hugs Terry xxxx

Nancy said...

Your tags are wonderful!!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Unknown said...

Both of these are wonderful.. I just love Graphic 45 also..

Hugs, Linda

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I love your fashion themed tag, Wendy....wonderfully done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...