Sunday, January 29, 2012

January confusion...

Winter visitor.

January is a month with great expectations for me. Unfortunately it never lives up to my expectations for it. I've realized that their are a few things that I do to create this disappointing phenomenon. During the fall months when I get busy with shows, workshops and then Christmas preparation I use January as my "In" box for anything I don't have time to do. I just tell myself I'll have lots of time in January so I can get it off my mind at the moment. Also without meaning to, I think I get caught up in the the New Year resolutions, list making...it's a new year anything and everything is possible, excitement.

Then January arrives and with it comes my long list of things that didn't get done the previous year and my long list of dreams for the coming year. And the fall and Christmas seasons have left me with little energy for these list. The first few weeks I recuperate with small easy task and lots of Tai Chi. The Tin man works outside and with the harsh Canadian winters here he is often found at home in January. This can be great company when I'm hibernating but something distracting from getting to those long lists.

Although I was slow as usual at getting thing going in January I did do some creating and I think I may have even learned how to prevent this dilemma next year. LOL!

 I got some etching done.
Did some hammering, sawing and stamping. I'm trying out some new shapes and possible new clasps. This bunch is ready to be antiqued and tumbled.

So although the first month of the year is already gone I'm kind of glad to have it over with. I'm ready for you February...bring it on!

Wendy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...