Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Finally day 8 and 10 finished

What can I say, better late than never! I finished the the Creative Chemistry with Tim Holtz online workshop. Although it wasn't necessary to watch and do the work during the 2 weeks that it was live, I tried to challenge myself to keep up anyway. I know I will go back to re-watch the videos again because their was so much information to learn in just one sitting. I really enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone interested in learning about how different product work both alone and with other products. It really inspired me thinking about the products I have already and how to mix and match them to create my own techniques now that I know the basic chemistry of how things work well together or not.

So here are my last few tags of the workshop.
 This is the Paint Dabber Resist technique. I had to do some improvising again for this technique but I think it worked out pretty well. This was done on Sticky Back Canvas which I actually had but had never worked with yet. Yes I'm guilty of purchasing something and leaving it in the package for a few years before using it. I know a lot of you out there are guilty of the same thing. Well any way, I was glad to have a reason to try it and really enjoyed working with the canvas. It won't take me so long to get it out to use again, I hope!
 This tag has both the Crackle Paint Resist Technique(the background crackle) and the Shattered Stains Technique(butterfly) on it. I've worked with these Crackle paints before but I don't think I was applying the correctly so this was very helpful. I really like the way the Shattered Stains butterfly turned out. I would never think to put the crackle paint on so thick but it was very effective.
The last day of class we had only one tag to make so this made it a little easier for me to catch up. This was the Rock Candy Distress Stickles Technique. I wasn't crazy about my finished tag and the photo certainly doesn't do the Rock Candy justice but I'll be trying this again some time.

Well thanks for following me along my Creative Chemistry journey. I hope to share some creations in the near future using some of the new techniques I learned.

Happy Creating!

Wendy

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Great tags Wendy. I love that crackled one with the butterfly and the orange/blue combo is great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...