Saturday, November 10, 2012

Handmade books and winner

 Last weekend I was able to find a little time to stop by a local show, something I don't get to do as much as I use to and I miss it. And of course I couldn't resist some of the handmade goodness.  You may remember last year I picked up a few of Mary Kritz's books (you can see them here).  This year she had an even more wonderful array of books to entice me. It was hard to choose but I went with the books that spoke to me first.

This is a Japanese stab binding book. The art work on the front just mesmerized me and I kept coming back to it.
Then when I looked inside and saw this lovely Japanese marbled paper that she had embossed gold trees onto I knew it had to come home with me.
 With so much of my own work, texture plays a huge roll, so when I come across something as textured as this book I could not pass it up. This is made with Lokta paper. I hadn't heard of this paper before but was intrigued to find out it is made from a bush from the Himalayan mountains. 
Here is a little bit closer view of the texture. To see more of Mary's amazing creations and to learn of an upcoming exhibition she doing check out her blog.

This weeks tag giveaway winner is Jennifer. Congratulations Jennifer I'll get that mailed out to you shortly.

Each year I think about and try to make and buy some handmade goodness for my Christmas giving and this year is no exception. There is so much wonderful talent out there I think we should support them more. So this year I've decided to do some sharing here on my blog. Along with giving away a tag each Monday I'm going to share some of my favourite handmade goodness that I've come across on line. 
See you Monday with this new feature.

Happy Creating!

Wendy




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...