Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hand made stamps.

Yesterday in my Art journaling group we focused on hand made stamps. These ones are made with fun foam cut with dies and mounted on scrap chip board. It doesn't get much easier than this.

We also played around with rubber stamp carving and I just kept going last night. I've seen a few square stamps made so they line up when you stamp them beside each other and have been wanting to do this. So this is my first attempt at it. This was a quick stamping to see what needed to be fixed so I think they'll line up better when I take more time. Hmm the possibilities are endless for these.

Here are a few more I did. I've done a few houses before and wanted another variation on it. The tree was inspired by a small tree stencil that was given to me and the mushroom was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest. I will definitely be doing more trees and mushrooms. Now just to find a few more hours in the day for this.

We didn't actually get much done in our journals but we did have fun and I'm ready to try these out in my journal! 

Please share with me if you've made some stamps. I'd love to see them.

Keep Creating!

Wendy

2 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

These are wonderful! What did you carve into for your hand carved stamps?

Carola Bartz said...

The little house and tree stamps are beautiful. The square one is also great, yes, the possibilities are endless with that one. You inspired me for carving my own stamps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...